Tuesday, June 19, 2012

News from the Front Line

Our Missions Team left for the Dominican Republic early Monday morning. There was an excitement in the air and on their facebook pages.... here are a few posts...



 Bekah Mitchell wrote (2 days before):
Can't believe that I leave for the Dominican Republic in 2 days! God is going to change people lives! And I am so thankful that I get the opportunity to be apart of spreading his word and also getting to see the lives get changed! I want to thank anyone who helped me to even get to go on this trip! I am so blessed!

(Bekah & Alyssa -- getting their clown routine ready)


Jenna Bess wrote:
Leaving for the Dominican Republic: t-minus 10.5 hours! Yay!! We're expecting 20,000+ people to come to know Jesus for the first time!! God is going to do some crazy awesome things in Barahona this week! 

Melissa Rollins wrote:
I'm so ready to go and do my part to grow the Kingdom of God. Chris and I along with 16 other awesome men and women of God from our church will be in the Dominican Republic for the next week. To be God be all the glory!!!

Pastor Kathi wrote:
Waiting to board the plane in Atlanta to the Dominican. Looking forward to awesome things happening! Much favor and thousands being saved and healed! God is faithful!

Pastor Pat tweeted:
With team at LR airport. Heading to the Dominican. Good to be going to mission field.


(Chris & Melissa Rollins -- ready to leave LR)

(Craig Alberius provided us with a beautiful view from the plane)

(The team on the several hour bus ride to Barahona)

Jessica Bowen wrote:
Made it safe & sound to Barahona. We start early in the morning hitting the streets with a drama team & a clown team - it's going to be a great day!


DAY ONE:
Chris Rollins wrote:
Having breakfast with the team, then hitting the streets! Street ministry all day and then preaching in one of the local churches tonight! :)


Alyssa Dezort wrote:
Clown Time!
She also tweeted this afternoon:
The best feeling in the world is when these little kids come up to me and give me a big hug and can't stop smiling:)

Jenna Bess wrote:
Waking up to Ministry Day 1 in the Dominican... So pumped and ready!... Well not ready so much cause I'm still laying in bed ha! But I'm pumped! We've got street ministry today splitting the team in two and a few of the team members will be preaching in a church tonight! Wahoo!!

Keith Mitchell wrote:
In the streets of Barahona I Love these people!!! What a privilege to be able to share the Gospel with these people!


Keep checking back with the blog throughout the week for more updates. Also keep the team in your prayers, we are expecting awesome and amazing things.




No comments:

Post a Comment